Close Project or Phase
Click “X” to close.
This is the process of finalizing all activities across all the project management process groups to formally complete the project or phase
Project manager need to ensure that following activities are completed before a project is declared as closed.
- Obtain final acceptance of the project deliverables by working with the sponsor and/or customer in order to confirm that project scope is achieved.
- Obtain financial, legal & administrative closure using generally accepted practices in order to communicate formal project closure and ensure no further liability
- Collate lessons learned through comprehensive project review in order to create or update the organization’s knowledge base
- Distribute the final project report including all project closure related information, project variances, any issues in order to provide the final project status to all stakeholders
- Archive project documents and material in order to retain organizational knowledge , comply with statutory requirements and ensure availability of data for potential use in future projects & internal/external audits
- Measure customer satisfaction at the end of the project by capturing customer feedback , in order to assist in project evaluation and enhance customer relationships
- Transfer the ownership of deliverables to the assigned stakeholders in accordance with the project plan in order to facilitate project closure
Close Project or Phase : Process Table
|Input||Tools & Techniques||Output|
|Project Management Plan||Expert Judgement||Final product, service or result transition|
|Accepted Deliverables||Analytical techniques||Organization Process Assets Updates|
|Organization Process Assets||Meetings|