Behaviour that leads to Exceptional performance
Here are key important behaviors which can make you go-getter with a happy personal life, provided you understand and able to implement them.
- Think like a leader:- Think that ultimately it is my responsibility to get things done so I am in charge and in control. Do not wait till last moment. Monitor your project and then act proactively. It is not ability of people around you but your ability of managing situation, people and communication which leads to success. Best leader has capability of converting dump worker into useful and worst leader can make best worker into useless
- Manage your priorities: Jot down your list of activities. Put two columns before them (Important and Urgent). Mark each activity’s “Important” column as N if it is not important otherwise Y if it is important. Similarly mark the Urgent column. So, there will be 4 blocks, urgent-important, non urgent-important, urgent- non important, non urgent – non important. If there are more than one item in any block then assign the priority to each task. First thing you should work in morning is top three priorities which are important and urgent. If time is constraint then delegate remaining to your team.
- Never avoid necessary confrontation: Do not try to be nice guy always and avoid the confrontations. Neither fight unnecessarily. Know the importance and urgency of things and fight for a point, if required.
- Check your ego: Never bring your ego to work. Make point clearly and never become personal and emotional for the work objective. Even if you are junior and you bring ego on the of work then you have capability to damage your environment and yourself.
- Think for yourself: Routinely check the progress of your project and analyze your behaviour and attitude to your surrounding and work
- Consult in the situation of difficulty: If you are in confusion refer to organization library/knowledge base, if that does not help then discuss with professional friend/colleague, if this also does not help then refer to industry practices, finally to your immediate boss. For some people boss may be very friendly in that case you can take his help as second source of help.
- Embrace Integrity in all that you do: In any kind of decision always listen your inner voice. Never contradict this. Sometimes decision need to be taken in abnormal situations where traditional practices, old knowledge, expert judgement from other may not work. Then go with your inner voice and do not try to contradict that. Internal integrity is much more important than anything else to make crucial decisions.
- You cannot please everybody: Somebody said that I do not know the key of success but key to failure is try to please everybody. Understand that people may have several valid points but all cannot be implemented.
- Live in your present moment: Accept the failure, learn from it and move forward. “If” “But” “would” “should” are good for analysis and learning lessons, more than this they does not have any meaning
- Define who you choose to be: Have your brand and plan for that brand. Work for that brand. It helps in creating your identity.
- Treat others as you would like to be treated: In the long run success and failure does not makes much impact but how you make others feel when they were with you. Be fair with people. No matter in what official capacity you are making decision and taking action also keep on thing in mind, somebody is watching your behavior.
- Always eat or drink healthy stuff, which keeps your body and mind active, light and agile.